Small and medium sized businesses know buyers are all about digital. Owners of these companies understand that traditional marketing, cold calling and direct mail cannot be used without online marketing, yet they continue buying mailing lists and sales leads. Wonder what they do with them? It’s no secret-they grow their business with traditional marketing efforts, online marketing and e-mail campaigns.
If you know how to write a sales letter, you’re in a good position to execute a successful email campaign. If you’ve never written a sales letter, you’re still in a good spot for email success. Take a look at this simple approach:
· Know your goal: Make it narrow and measurable, like “Generate 75 new qualified leads from life insurance providers.” Or “Get 85 senior marketing professionals to subscribe to our newsletter.”
· Know your audience: Stay specific. According to the noted goal, your audience would be:
1. Life insurance agents/Insurance agency owners
2. Marketing directors or vice presidents of marketing
· Develop an Offer: Whether you offer a new product, great price, white paper or webinar, provide something your audience needs.
· Create a landing page: This is your transition from email to your offer. It’s also a good place to gather contact information from prospects. If your company isn’t very well known, include an “about us” paragraph on your landing page.
· Determine your distribution: Make sure your mailing list matches your audience. Not only does this help it reach the right people, it helps keep you off the SPAM reports. Buy your sales leads from reputable companies and credible suppliers. Lease your mailing list from trusted sources.
· Create the e-mail: Use the subject line to demonstrate the benefit instead of the offer. Keep the body short and simple. Begin with the industry challenge. Introduce your offer and list of benefits, and then apply the call to action like, “Sign up for our newsletter!”
· Send: If you’re not sure how to send mass emails or execute email campaigns, talk to your mailing list provider. They may provide this as an additional service. When you receive sales leads from your email, follow up within 24 hours while your company is still fresh on the prospects mind.
Grow your business with a consistent, ongoing effort. Include traditional marketing pieces with online marketing and email campaigns. Combined, these efforts will grow your business.